20 January 2012
11:50 AM | Posted by Books Ahoy
Fourteen-year-old Kentucky girl Ricki Jo Winstead, who would prefer to be called Ericka, thank you very much, is eager to shed her farmer's daughter roots and become part of the popular crowd at her small town high school. She trades her Bible for Seventeen magazine, buys new "sophisticated" clothes and somehow manages to secure a tenuous spot at the cool kids table. She's on top of the world, even though her best friend and the boy next door Luke says he misses "plain old Ricki Jo." Caught between being a country girl and wannabe country club girl, Ricki Jo begins to forget who she truly is: someone who doesn't care what people think and who wouldn't let a good-looking guy walk all over her. It takes a serious incident out on Luke's farm for Ricki Jo to realize that being a true friend is more important than being popular.
To buy the book:
- It's Been Decided :) The Name of The Trilogy Will ...
- Starting the writing process!!!
- On The Shelf About....(1)
- Follow Friday!!! (my fav event of the week! )
- ReIntroducing Lily!!! + A New Blog Design + A New ...
- Review: The Queen of Kentucky by Alecia Whitaker
- Interview w/David Estes
- Between Blog Tour Stop (Review)
- Follow Friday!
- WoW: Waiting on Wednesday
- Thanks so much!!!!!!
- ▼ January (12)