16 August 2011

Review: Volition by Shawn Kirsten Maravel

Hey guys! I this book is super AWESOME! If you liked Crossroads by Mary Ting then you'll love this book also! :D Here's the synopsis:
Charlotte Rush would be the first to admit that her life is no rollercoaster ride. Her days are laced with ordinary and at times boring monotony. But with a heart that finds itself frequently broken she’s happy to say that she’s content. When her friends convince her to spend the night out at a club to let loose and maybe even find a guy, she finally admits that her life might be missing something. No sooner does she let go of her inhibitions does she find herself waking up in a dark hotel room in the presence of Joel, a man who carries mystery in his eyes and familiarity in his smile. Against reason Charlotte decides to trust him based solely on one thing. Somehow, she is sure that she knows him. In a race against time to find answers and to solve the crime committed against her Charlotte finds herself falling for him. However, with nothing but mystery surrounding him she can’t even be sure that he’s the hero at all. While knowing all of the right things to say he still manages to tell her nothing. As a battle is waged over the innocence of her cryptic stranger, Charlotte discovers that much greater danger awaits her. And the mysteries behind who and what Joel is will lead Charlotte to discover that heaven and earth are not so far apart.
First off, I just wanted to say that this book is AWESOME!!!!  I love every part of it.  The romance, the action, and def the unexpected surprises.  This books picks up right at the start.  I love the relationship between Charlotte and Joel, it's so cute.  Joel has to be the BEST boyfriend EVER! :D He's always so sweet and considerate.  For some reason I just love forbidden romances because it just makes the books all the more romantic and interesting.  All thoughout this book are twists and turns and ups and downs that keep you always wanting more.  This book def has some surprising events happen.  My favorite part has to be the very end, like the last two pages,  because it was so surprising and it totally caught me off guard and made me want to read the second book to find out more and what happens.  All I can say is, go buy this book right now!!! :D  5 stars for sure! Be sure to check back in for my review of Severance, the second book, since I just started my One Book A Day Challenge yesterday :).

RATING:

For more info on the author click here

To buy: Amazon | BN








2 comments:

Karen L. said...

OoO, I've been looking for a book to break up my YA reading streak, and this one sounds like a great one! Awesome review!

DMS said...

I have never heard of this book- but it sounds interesting! Great review.

About Me

Total Pageviews

Upcoming Reviews

Sing by Vivi Greene

Ahoy Mateys!

Hey guys! My name is Cierra and I'm a southern college YA bookie. Thanks for stopping by Books Ahoy. Here you'll find reviews, giveaways, interviews, and more! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your stay! :)
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Rating System

AMAZING!!! Go get this book right now!!

Great! Highly Recommend

It's ok. Borrow from a friend material.

Not that good but at least read the blurb.

Leave it on the shelf!

Currently Looting


Sing by Vivi Greene

Steal Me Loot!

Me Fellow Mateys!

Designed by