03 August 2011

Review: Want To Go Private? by Sarah Darer Littman

Hey guys! I've been gone for a while because I haven't had access to my computer, but now I'm back!!! :D So today I have a review of Want To Go Private? by Sarah Darer Littman.  I'm also going to include a new thing in my reviews and change the layout a bit.  I decided to include a theme song for every book I review. A song (or two) that represents the book.

Format: ARC 
Publication Date: August 1, 2011



Want to Go Private?
Abby and Luke chat online. They've never met. But they are going to. Soon.Abby is starting high school—it should be exciting, so why doesn't she care? Everyone tells her to "make an effort," but why can't she just be herself? Abby quickly feels like she's losing a grip on her once-happy life. The only thing she cares about anymore is talking to Luke, a guy she met online, who understands. It feels dangerous and yet good to chat with Luke—he is her secret, and she's his. Then Luke asks her to meet him, and she does. But Luke isn't who he says he is. When Abby goes missing, everyone is left to put together the pieces. If they don't, they'll never see Abby again.

This is a very powerful story that shows us the realistic view of things. Alot of books conjure up this perfect romance between two characters because it's what we love, to read about our perfect love story with the perfect guy or girl. But, sometimes we need to be brought down to reality (just for alittle while :D ). This book is about the dangers of teen chat rooms. We all think we would never do anything like meet a total stranger we met online, and that's what Abby thought, the main character of this very realistic story. This is a very emotional story and really made me watch what I say and do on the Internet. When Abby thought all was lost she had her friends to lean on, who supported her every step of the way. I really loved the end. It was really heartfelt and brave. Everyone should definitely read this book because it contains a very important message that everyone needs to hear. Be careful what you do any say on the Internet and stay away from chat rooms

1 comments:

Lucie said...

Hi,
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your nice comment. I am not familiar with Sarah Darer Littman work but your enthousiasm about "Want to go private" makes me want to read it.
It's not only the teen who needs to be careful about the ones you meet on the internet but everybody. Ok it's easier to talk with the shield of your laptop but you never know...I will definitely buy this one. Thank you for the review and the suggestion.
Lucie

About Me

Total Pageviews

Upcoming Reviews

Sing by Vivi Greene

Ahoy Mateys!

Hey guys! My name is Cierra and I'm a southern college YA bookie. Thanks for stopping by Books Ahoy. Here you'll find reviews, giveaways, interviews, and more! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your stay! :)
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Rating System

AMAZING!!! Go get this book right now!!

Great! Highly Recommend

It's ok. Borrow from a friend material.

Not that good but at least read the blurb.

Leave it on the shelf!

Currently Looting


Sing by Vivi Greene

Steal Me Loot!

Me Fellow Mateys!

Designed by