08 June 2011
12:14 PM | Posted by Books Ahoy
At almost 13, Nate Pantera has this whole shifter-in-a-world-full-of-humans thing all figured out.
Move like a human: Check.
Hide super strength and other powers: Check. Check.
Do math homework: Um...Check?
He's even gotten used to the idea that he and his family may be the only shape-shifters in the whole, wide world.
Then, finally, he meets another shifter. And that's when all the trouble begins. (Goodreads)
Interlopers: A Shifters Novel is a great read because it appeals to both girls and guys. There is action for guys to enjoy and a hint at romance for the girls to enjoy. I really liked the bond between Larissa and Nate and how they always stick together no matter what. The fact that Larissa and Nate are so close also makes the end really surprising though. I love the shifters concept and how its not the usual werewolves but instead wereleopards. I think turning into panthers is a really fresh and unique idea. The emotional tension between mostly Nate and his parents is really well written. For me it was like I was there and could actually feel the tension and anger in the air. Overall, this is a really great book!
- ► 2012 (56)
- Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopian Challenge
- Review: Enclave by Ann Aguirre
- 200 Followers Giveaway!!!! (closed)
- I Was Just Wondering.......Team Edward or Team Jac...
- Follow Friday Time!!!
- The Experience is now up and running!!!
- Review: Twice A Spy by Keith Thomson
- Second Chance Book Review
- Upcoming Giveaway: Pac-Man Loving Giveaway
- Review: Interlopers: A Shifters Novel by L.M. Davi...
- Review: Huntress by Malinda Lo
- Cover on......cover off
- Breaking Dawn Part 1 Trailer
- ▼ June (13)