04 April 2011
9:41 PM | Posted by Books Ahoy
So, I just finished reading Water for Elephants today. I know alot of you were anxious to see what I thought about it, so here it is :) Here is the summary from the back of the book:
|Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen|
"As a young man, Jacob Jankowski was tossed by fate onto a rickety train that was home to the Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show on Earth. I was the early part of the Great Depression, and for Jacob the circus was both his salvation and a living hell. A veterinary student just shy of a degree, he was put in charge of caring for the circus menagerie. It was there that he met Marlena, the beautiful equestrian star married to August, the charismatic but twisted animal trainer. And he met Rosie, and untrainable elephant who was the great gray hope for this third-rate traveling show. The bond that grew among this unlikely trio was ultimately their only hope for survival."
- ► 2012 (56)
- CALLING ALL WRITERS!!!
- And the winner is.....
- Review: Space by Roger Reid
- Review: The White City by John Claude Bemis
- Review: Family Ties by Ottilie Weber
- Literary Spotlight (1)
- Review: Longleaf by Roger Reid
- Review: Soul Quest by Amy Jones
- Review: The Immortality Virus by Christine Amsden
- Review: The Wolf Tree by John Claude Bemis
- Review: The Nine Pound Hammer by John Claude Bemis...
- And The Winner Is.....(drumroll please)
- The Clockwork Dark Experience (closed)
- Suzanne Collins Interview
- Review: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- Update :D
- Visit This Awesome Blog!!!
- 100 Follower Giveaway!!!!! (Closed)
- ▼ April (18)