24 May 2011

The E-Reader Dilemma: My Choice is Clear

Hi!  First off I want to thank everyone who gave me their opinion on which one to get, it really helped alot!So as you all know I have been in a real tough spot in deciding whether to get the Nook Color or the regular Nook.  Well, I decided neither because I just so happened to be browing Barnes and Noble's website and guess what I saw!!!!   I saw that they created a new version of the Nook and it comes out June 10,2011.  In my opinion its better than the Kindle.  Ok so here it is:
NOOK

It has e-ink with no glare (plus!), a 6 inch touchscreen (plus!), the battery lasts up to 2 months on one charge (plus!), under 8 ounces (plus!), you can check out e-books from your public library (plus!), supports PDF (plus!), 2GB of storage (plus!), has over 2 million books to buy (plus!), and last but not least it is only $139 (plus!).

As you can see this meets all my requirements so this is the e-reader I will be purchasing :)!  I'm so excited!!!!  If you want to learn more about the new Nook click here.

What do you think, does it sound like a winner?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, I want that, but my husband bought me a NookColor just a few months ago. Oh well, good luck to you--seems like a great choice! Rae

Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

Yeah the only thing I don't like a bout my Nook (gen 1) is the battery life. 2 months would be awesome!

Books Ahoy said...

@Best O' Books: I hate it when that happens...you buy the newest thing and then a few months later there's something cooler and better

@Jennifer: Yeah 2 months is the best battery life I've seen!

Lori@Psychotic State Book Reviews said...

Your post has made me want a Nook all the more! This one sounds awesome, I hope you enjoy it.

New follower - - found you thru this post on Book Blogs! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE my Nook Color but I'm considering an e-ink reader as a backup, I was excited to see this one yesterday, so I'm definitely considering this one. You'll have to let us know how you like it!

Amanda
Letters Inside Out

About Me

Total Pageviews

Upcoming Reviews

Sing by Vivi Greene

Ahoy Mateys!

Hey guys! My name is Cierra and I'm a southern college YA bookie. Thanks for stopping by Books Ahoy. Here you'll find reviews, giveaways, interviews, and more! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your stay! :)
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Rating System

AMAZING!!! Go get this book right now!!

Great! Highly Recommend

It's ok. Borrow from a friend material.

Not that good but at least read the blurb.

Leave it on the shelf!

Currently Looting


Sing by Vivi Greene

Steal Me Loot!

Me Fellow Mateys!

Designed by