10 July 2011

Interview: Mary Ting, author of Crossroads

Today I have an interview with Mary Ting. Mary Ting has just released her book, Crossroads.  The book is up next on my TBR list, so be on the lookout for the review!  For more information on Mary Ting, visit her at http://www.marytingcrossroads.com/.

Can you tell us about your challenges in getting your first book published?
The biggest challenge for me was getting the book done. Being a wife, mother of two, a daughter, a teacher, it was extremely difficult to find time to write.

Where do you get your ideas?
My ideas to write this book actually came from my dream. Chapter one and two are real dreams. I had a friend who had the same first and last name as me and she passed away in a tragic car accident.

What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?
Every time Michael and Claudia were together, that was my favorite part to write. They are crazy for each other, but because it is forbidden, they resist.  But ultimately they give in because when it comes to loving that ONE, there is no stopping.

How did you come up with the title?
The place Claudia goes to in her dream, I named that Crossroads. This is a place between heaven and earth or life and death. Two boundaries crossing.

Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult?
I read an article about Stephanie Meyer and how she started her book from a dream. So, I guess I can say that I was inspired by her. I first started writing from my dream and I thought maybe I'll write a few chapters. Maybe I won't have anything to say after that, but I was wrong. I had so much fun that I couldn't stop.

When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book?
I first started about two years ago when my grandmother passed away. It was a way for me to heal. The character Gamma is inspired by my grandmother. Then I put it away thinking that this was ridiculous. After my friend read what I wrote, she told me I had to publish.

What do you do when you are not writing?
When I'm not writing, then I'm doing family stuff. Any minute I have, I'm on the computer. I'm also on my facebook site and goodreads, trying to promote my book and make new friends.

Will you have a new book coming out soon?
Yes, I'm currently working on it. Release date will be up to the publisher.

Do you have any advice to give to aspiring writers?
Believe that you can. Turn to your friends for guidance, support, and ask them to read your story to give you another perspective. I'm sure glad I did.

Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?
Thank you for your interest in my story. I hope that it has touched you in some way. And for those of you who haven't read my book yet, fly with me through this incredible journey. Fall in love with the characters as much as I did and make Crossroads your place to be. Thank you for your support.

Thank you Mary Ting for a wonderful interview!  I can't wait to read your book!

Amazon or BN

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Great interview! This book is on my TBR list, hopefully I'll get to it soon!

naomie said...

Nice interview! I'm following from BSN.
http://kidsanddeals.blogpot.com

Unknown said...

Good interview. I love hearing what authors have to say and you ask good questions.

Anonymous said...

when will the new book be released???excited .. crossroads was brilliant

About Me

Total Pageviews

Upcoming Reviews

Sing by Vivi Greene

Ahoy Mateys!

Hey guys! My name is Cierra and I'm a southern college YA bookie. Thanks for stopping by Books Ahoy. Here you'll find reviews, giveaways, interviews, and more! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your stay! :)
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Rating System

AMAZING!!! Go get this book right now!!

Great! Highly Recommend

It's ok. Borrow from a friend material.

Not that good but at least read the blurb.

Leave it on the shelf!

Currently Looting


Sing by Vivi Greene

Steal Me Loot!

Me Fellow Mateys!

Designed by