09 July 2011

Review: Something Wicked by Alan Gratz

Hey guys! I realized that I never wrote a review for this book so here it is!  Here's the synopsis:

 
The Scottish Highland Festival in Tennessee is all set to begin, but there's one problem: Duncan MacRae, founder of the games, has just been murdered. The police arrested Malcolm, Duncan’s son, but is he really the killer? Horatio Wilkes, for one, has doubts. 
Horatio is attending the festival with his childhood friend Mac, Mac’s super-hot yet controlling girlfriend Beth, and geeky sidekick Banks. Once there, he quickly finds himself caught up in the cutthroat world of the Scottish games, where fair is foul and foul is fair . . . and his best friend may yet turn out to be his worst enemy.

Join Horatio as he navigates the sinister world of Shakespeare's Macbeth in this fun and clever follow-up to Something Rotten.(Goodreads)

I loved this book!  It's a modern YA retelling of MacBeth twisted into a mystery story.  I think its really cool how Alan Gratz turned the story of MacBeth into a mystery/whodunit novel.  I know what MacBeth is about and this books follows the orginal story pretty great.  The stories are just about parallel.  I loved the romance between Horatio and his girlfriend but it was also a real shocker what happened to her.  I liked how you can see the transformation of Mac's character throughtout the book.  I loved the mystery/detective aspect of the novel.  This is a really great book!

My Rating:

For more information for Alan Gratz click here

To buy the book: Amazon and BN





2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great review! I will have to give this one a go. I'm following back:) I have actually been to the Highland Festival.
~Rebecca
www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com

Mary said...

I liked this one, too. Something Rotten is also good--it's a take on Hamlet.
Mary, A Book A Day

About Me

Total Pageviews

Upcoming Reviews

Sing by Vivi Greene

Ahoy Mateys!

Hey guys! My name is Cierra and I'm a southern college YA bookie. Thanks for stopping by Books Ahoy. Here you'll find reviews, giveaways, interviews, and more! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your stay! :)
Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

Rating System

AMAZING!!! Go get this book right now!!

Great! Highly Recommend

It's ok. Borrow from a friend material.

Not that good but at least read the blurb.

Leave it on the shelf!

Currently Looting


Sing by Vivi Greene

Steal Me Loot!

Me Fellow Mateys!

Designed by